Lost and Found - A long lost tune.


The year was 1967!

I was studying in the 4th Year of Engineering ( It used to be a 5 year integrated course at that time) at Jodhpur. It was a requirement of the course that we should spent our summer vacation time in a training in any reputed engineering firm. I applied to ITI Bangalore as I had my uncle's place to stay. Duration of the training was about three months.

At the ITI factory , during the lunch period of 30 minutes, instrumental music of Popular film tunes were played on their PA system in the canteen as well as in the work spots. These tunes used to be  from Tamil, Kannada and many other languages. 

I used to find one of the tunes quite catchy and appealing which I still remember. It was from a Tamil Movie , that much I knew. It had a notable feature that in the midway there was a change of pitch, which was a bit unusual in the Indian context. 

About a fortnight back I remembered that tune again and got an urge to identify and listen to it. But I only knew the tune and nothing else. No lyrics, no name of the Tamil movie or music director, nothing. 

So what do I do. I tried an app by humming the tune to it but it did not yield any result.

Si I thought of contacting someone who is familiar with the Tamil film songs of the sixties, hum the tune to him/her and hope for success.

And succeed, I did since it was Eshwar who came to my rescue!

Oh, not what you are thinking. It was Mr Eshwar, in our family circle.


He identified it at once and told the lyrics and name of the movie and also sent a youtube link !

So, I found a long lost tune! 

Movie: Anbe Va  Lyrics : Rajavin Parvai  Music: MS Viswanathan 

Here is a youtube link to the instrumental version...

https://youtu.be/wXAqmGeWInw?t=10



Comments

  1. Interesting. Nicely written.It happens to me too. Some tunes of yesteryear suddenly starts humming in my mind. It bothers you so much that you give it a lot of try from different sources until you have to find / locate the tune. The tune you have sent the link to, is wonderfully melodious.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Train Journeys in 50's and 60's

HOLI MEMORY- A TALE FROM CHILDHOOD

Bapa's posting to war torn areas near western border during Indo-Pak war in 1965