My experiments with photography in 60's



During my engineering college days (1963-68) at Jodhpur one of my obsessions was photography. Had my dad's Kodak box camera to play with.(He must have bought it in 50's.)
This obsession led to activities (along with my friend Joshi) such as:-
1. Taking  snapshot  of lightening- finally succeeded by using 'B' setting in the camera.
2. Learned to develop, print and enlarge B&W photos by persuading the owner of a photo studio to let us use his facilities.
3. Tried 'trick' photography like photographing a person appearing to be standing on the palm of the other person (Inspired by a scene in the movie ' Maya Bazaar ' in which a giant sized Ghatotkacha holds a tiny Abhimanyu in his palm and torments him before realising that he is his own cousin.)
4. Photographing same person in double like both Dev Anands facing each other in the same frame. Here is a sample in which I have played that 'double Role'. This photo was taken by Joshi. There is a photograph of the (now vintage) camera too which was used.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Train Journeys in 50's and 60's

HOLI MEMORY- A TALE FROM CHILDHOOD

HMV- an Epitaph