WHY THIS TINT......JI ?


WHY THIS TINT…..JI ?
              So, at last, the D-day to remove the tint from the glass panes of the 4-wheelers had come. Like an obedient (and fine avoiding) citizen, I decided to get it removed. On contacting various authorized service centres, I realised that my purse will be lighter by Rs 300 to Rs 500. Then I remembered myself delivering sermons to the students on “self help’’ “standing on your feet” and so on. Why not, for a change, I start following what I have been preaching. So I decided to do it “Do-it-yourself” way. But to do it, I had to consult my modern guru, the internet.  
    When I gave search, it kept on directing to me to the websites showing the advantages of having the tint…effective protection from sunlight rays, avoidance from the nuisance of vendors/beggars, safety from the prying eyes of the prospective thieves, protection from the UV rays and hence cancer, increase in the heat causing additional heat load on the air conditioning system and so on. My little 5 year old granddaughter was playing nearby. She could sense my struggle and asked me what the problem was. I avoided, thinking this problem to be too profound for a child to tackle. But she insisted and I had to give in  and explain my problem. She caught upon the crux of the problem and gave the solution in a jiffy.”Thatha, you are giving wrong keywords. You must type (she dictated)...tint..removal…DIY.I felt a little insulted but outwardly I told her “Yes, yes….I know. You do not have to tell me.”
       I followed her instructions and … lo and behold. Found a number of sites ready with the tips. I chose one and with the help of my nephew got it removed in less than an hour”. I exhibited it triumphantly to my wife, who does not think much of my prowess in DIY capabilities. She, as usual, had to give additional advice.”The glass looks clean enough but the inside has some gum marks. Does not give a clean look. You can use alcohol to clean it”.
       Before I could plan a visit to my friendly neighborhood wine shop, she put all my plans to rest by suggesting the use of nail polish remover container lying unused. So, that is it. Job done. If anyone wants a tip, terms could be negotiated.
        On a different note, this set me to thinking. It was so easy for the Supreme Court to order “removal of the tint” and the job was done. Can they promulgate an order to remove the tints of caste, religion, social status from the vision of all our countrymen to lead us to a true Rama Rajya? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Train Journeys in 50's and 60's

HOLI MEMORY- A TALE FROM CHILDHOOD

HMV- an Epitaph